The Fair On Sunday, Blighty Bazaar & A Whole Lot Of Vintage In Leamington Spa

The Royal Pump Rooms In Leamington Spa - The Fair Starts At 10am!

We are all very busy preparing for the Leamington Spa Vintage Fair which is taking place on Sunday in the fabulous Royal Pump Rooms. The setting is sumptuous and bathed in natural light, the stalls will fill the main reception room and Georgian conservatory. It will also be an early start, the doors open at 10am.

 View Of The Main Sales Room From The Gallery - April 2013

One of the most enjoyable elements of organising vintage fairs is that I am obliged to visit some lovely places, call into numerous tea-shops and generally snoop around in search of 'vintage' shops. When I visited Leamington earlier this week I happened upon Blighty Bazaar on Kenilworth Street.

The Newly Opened Blighty Bazaar In Leamington

The proprietors Les and Amy (you may know Amy from the Blighty Boutique Vintage & Handmade Fairs at Hatton Park) have done a fantastic job of gathering together some great vintage traders, the displays are fantastic and all in all it is a lovely place to shop and enjoy 'proper' homemade cake (six choices on the day I visited) and tea served in pretty old china cups.

A Display At Blighty Bazaar

I really liked the lamp-shapes that had been strung together, they look fantastic, what a way to upcycle!
Blighty Bazaar is just a couple of minutes walk from the Royal Pump Rooms and will is open every Sunday so if you are coming along to the fair allow yourself sufficient time to visit BB.

Merriman's Vintage Jamboree At Blighty Bazaar

As I walked around I was drawn to a fantastic and very colourful display of vintage toys, I recognised the 'signature' style instantly, it was by Cherry of Merriman's Vintage Jamboree, Cherry regularly has a stall at our fairs and will be with us on Sunday in The Pump Rooms.


Dansette Mono Record Players

I love my 78s and Decca gramophone (which I will be bringing along to the fair) although I did pause for just a little too long near this great display of Dansettes which are perfect for 45s (and 78s and 33s).
The taste for 1960s style in the home is in the ascendent and Dansettes or the more furniture-like radiograms capture the 'low-fi' aesthetic perfectly.

The 60s Kitchen
A number of the displays featured vintage kitchenalia, original furniture and all sorts of bits and pieces are increasingly sought after.

More Kitchenalia At Blighty Bazaar

Tea lovers will be heaven with all the original china on display, I welcome the day when tea served in vintage china will be the norm rather than the exception.

The Vintage Tea Pot

This impressive display is from Vicki of The Vintage Tea Pot. I really enjoyed my time in browsing in Blighty Bazaar and will call in whenever I am in Leamington.

Yellow Fever

Back home in Northampton I have been busy preparing some things to bring along to the fair on Sunday. I picked up some frames in a garage sale in Kibworth a couple of weeks ago and I finally found the time to transform them with some chalk paint. The educational prints are one of my favourite 'vintage' things and I always look out for them wherever I happen to be.

30s Prints

I have also been working with a pile of prints we found during the summer, they are very typically 1930s and some feature very cute Scotties.

"Bath Time"

I was not certain how best to present the prints and decided to paste them on to some thin pieces of wooden board so that they can either be positioned on some shelves, hung on a string or placed in a frame.

"Fetching Youngsters"

The doggie pictures would look lovely in a child's room or nursery.


Finds At Newark Antiques Fair

We managed to find time to visit the large Antiques & Collectables fair at Newark last week. It was a bitterly cold day and the bargains were few and far between although we eventually returned home with some nice things.

Vintage Storage Jars From The USA

I liked these blue storage jars from America, most date from the 20s and 30s. I spotted them on stall in a cattle shed when everyone was packing away early as the already poor weather took a turn for the worse.

Bisque Bunnies

The bisque figures are very sweet, the gentleman selling them literally had hundreds of them.

Animal Farm - Vintage Style

My favourite find at Newark was a 'Victory' jigsaw puzzle of farm-yard animals, usually these puzzles are quite small but this is much bigger and I couldn't resist setting up the animals in the hearth at home.

This Sunday - 20th October

I hope to see you at the fair on Sunday. The Royal Pump Rooms can be found on The Parade in the centre of Leamington Spa and the postcode is CV34 4AA. 

Comments

Popular Posts