Four Days To Olney And A Busy Weekend

Hampstead Heath Fair in the 1890s

I love this card which I received from one of our stall holders, thousands of people would travel from all over London to visit the fairs on bank holidays. The ladies pictured have linked arms to support each other as they aim a kick at the camera (just like they do at the end of Bargain Hunt). At our next fair in Olney in four days time there will be twenty stalls selling original vintage and handmade, an 'old style' tea-shop, homemade cakes and music from the period.

The 3rd Olney Vintage Fair - 12th May 11am-4pm

The venue for the fair is easy to find, it is a thirty second walk from the Market Square, situated on a bend in the A509 which runs through the centre of Olney. Free car parking is available for visitors in the nearby public car-parks.

Can't Be Missed

Last Friday I collected two large sized posters from the printers, one for Olney and one for the Jubilee Fair & Garden Party in Northampton on 26th May. I went over to the monthly farmers' market in Olney on Sunday and set up the poster outside the venue, it will be seen by everyone driving through the town.

Beeswax & Honey 

I particularly liked this stall set up by a a local bee-keeper, selling some nice honey and beeswax products, I returned home with a lovely candle. The market was very busy and the fresh local produce was well priced and good quality.


Street Displays In Olney

Regular visitors to Olney will know these characters who regularly sit outside shops enticing customers in. I think its great that the shop keepers do this, adding an element of fun to this bustling market town, visitors to the fair will pass the sheep and bear as they make their way to the fair next Saturday. I was drawn into the little tea shop with an old bicycle and interesting looking chalk board outside.

Keep Calm - Its Only 4 Days To The Fair

After a pot of Earl Grey and Victoria Sponge I headed home as I wanted to get the large poster for the Jubilee Fair ready for fixing.

Tea & Cakes & Vintage Fairs

On Saturday I was busy dropping flyers off  at the monthly antiques fair held at Abington Church Rooms, organised by the helpful Julian, funds raised at this event go towards developing disabled access into the church.

Contact The Organiser Julian
01604 622497

I left the Abington Antiques Fair and headed straight over to Earls Barton for Julia's My Little Vintage Fair, events were well underway when I arrived around just before noon. I was clutching a handful of flyers that Julia kindly handed out to customers as they arrived.

I Have Been Experimenting!

It was great to see Sharon from Shabby Polka Dots, Susanne from Hearts & Kisses, Rachel from Vintage Vixen, Jude from Amazing Grace who regularly have stalls at out fairs. I also chatted with Aimee who had a stall at the fair in Market Haborough back in November. It was then time for tea and a slice of cake before returning home, but not before spotting this jigsaw and a set of fruit bowls decorated with crinoline ladies.

A "Victory" Jigsaw Of Cows
I like these old jigsaws, they make great gifts for younger children, proving that 'vintage' is for all ages.

Crinoline Ladies In My Kitchen
(which is being decorated!)

The bowls were very reasonably priced, I found them on Haley & Debbie's  stall.

Vintage Fair & Jubilee Garden Party
26th May At The Spinney Hill In Northampton

In between showers on Bank Holiday Monday I went up to the Spinney Hill to put up the poster for the forthcoming special garden party and vintage fair. There will be over 40 stalls set up in the pretty garden. The Spinney Hill is set on the Kettering Road about one and a half miles from Northampton town centre. 

Arrangements for Olney are complete, adverts have been placed in the Northampton and Milton Keynes press, I will be driving over on Friday to set up the room. We look forward to seeing you at the fair on Saturday, you will receive a warm welcome at our friendly fairs.

Comments

Caroline said…
I saw the crinoline ladies set, but I wasn't buying for my home, it was lovely. You got a treat there. I bought some nice jewellery in Earls Barton on Saturday though.

I'm hoping to come to Olney on Saturday.

C
xxx
Unknown said…
It was good to see you at Earls Barton and lovely to see you working so hard for the stall holders at your fairs.

Popular Posts