9 Days To Go And A Visit To Stamford

Enjoy Pimm's At The Jubilee Fair & Garden Party

I spotted this display at last Saturday's fair in Olney and took a snap, thinking at the time that it would like nice in a blog post, as Pimm's will be served on the lawn at the forthcoming Vintage Fair and Jubilee Garden Party at the Spinney Hill in Northampton. The bottle and pretty glasses are by Vicky from Vicky Loves Vintage.

Saturday 26th May 12-4

The Spinney Hill is conveniently located on the Kettering Road, about a mile and a half from the town centre. This is a family friendly pub and the the Vintage Fair will be taking place in the garden, there is ample free parking.

The Spinney Hill - Kettering Road Northampton NN3 6LR

There will be forty stalls selling original vintage, handmade and homemade cakes. Many of our stall holders from the popular fair at St Matthews will be there as well as lots of new people. I will be completing the last pieces of publicity for the fair and garden party during the next few days.

Union Jacks Are Everywhere!

I did like the label on this jar of Marmite I found in the local supermarket, the garden at the Jubilee Fair will be decorated with red, white and blue flowers.

Found In Stamford - Immediately 'Rehomed'

Not only do we have the fair at the Spinney Hill, just seven days later the fair will be visiting Stamford for the first time. I visited Stamford yesterday as I wanted to disperse a few posters, my first call was to St Martins Antiques Centre (www.st-martins-antiques.co.uk) where the lady attending the till was very helpful. A quick look around and I spotted this dog on wheels, he is in lovely condition and returned home to Northampton with me. I spent a few hours visiting some of the lovely shops and found time for a quick cup of tea and then realised that I had nearly run out of posters.

Saturday 2nd June 11-4

Thank you to the girls at That Indie Look which I found at 40 St Pauls Street. They have a good range of vintage clothes for guys and girls and we chatted briefly about our fair in Stamford and the forthcoming Vintage Festival In July organised by Hemingway Design.

Here's A Link
http://www.thatindielook.com/

I liked this collection of sunglasses there were quite a few tweed jackets for men, lots of coloured denim for girls and 70s Addidas ware.

Get The Indie Look

Stamford is a beautiful town and worthy of a visit and we are really pleased to be taking the fair there this is the view as one enters the town from the south.

Stamford Approaches

Stamford has lots of narrow alley ways which are lined with interesting independent shops, bars and cafes.

The 7 Sins!

I really liked this rather suggestive sign which hangs above a bar amidst the many Georgian buildings which make up the heart of the town. I would have liked to stay longer but I wanted to take the remaining posters over to nearby Oakham.


The Lovely Castle Cottage Cafe In Oakham

Posters duly pinned-up I headed for the lovely Castle Cottage Cafe (http://castlecottagecafe.co.uk/) which I have mentioned before. They serve afternoon tea, use vintage china and have a very pretty garden with pastel flowers  decorating the tables and some lovely 'shabby chic' chairs painted in wonderful colours. I had enjoyed my visit to Lincs and Rutland and look forward to returning in the next few days to take more posters over. 

I will be blogging again soon as we enter the summer fete season.

Comments

Popular Posts