A Trip Out To Beds & Bucks And A Return To Blogging

The Market Square In Olney

I suddenly realised that I have not posted for 12 days! The reason being the redecoration of our kitchen that is nearing completion. I started on Easter Saturday and thought I would have it done in a week, I have seen enough of 'Eau De Nil'. I did manage to take a day off to visit Olney and the surrounding area to put up some posters for the forthcoming 3rd Olney Fair.

St Peter & St Pauls Church Rooms
Saturday 12th May 11am-4pm

The fair will be taking place in our new home in Olney, the lovely Church Rooms of St Peter & St Pauls, situated on the corner of Church Street and Bridge Street, just yards from the busy Market Square.  There will be twenty stalls selling original vintage homewares from the 30s-60s, handmade and ephemera. Many of the stalls from the previous Olney Fairs will be there as well as a number of new sellers. Tea and handmade cakes will be served throughout and the music from the 20s-50s will complete the ambience. It is a bit like stepping back in time. The fair will be starting one hour earlier than usual and the doors will open at 11am.

Emmaus In Carlton

Before arriving in Olney I called into Emmaus for a cup of tea, for those of you who have not visited before they have a nice cafe, sell second-hand furniture and electrical items, have a boutique of old clothes and a duck-pond.

Long Necked Runners At Emmaus Village Carlton
The wonderful thing about Emmaus (http://www.emmausvillagecarlton.org.uk/aboutus.html) is that the whole community is run as a social enterprise supporting people who have previously lived without a home. I left a poster for the Olney fair in the lobby of the cafe, it is a great place for lunch or afternoon tea.

The Poster For The Olney Fair

I visited the Nest at No 9, the ladies who own this lovely shop are always happy to support the fair and I found a lovely birthday card for my daughter. The Nest is well worth a visit for beautiful gifts and vintage and contemporary furnishings and accessories for the home.

The Nest at No. 9 The High Street Olney

I thought the window display looked great, yesterday I listened to someone on Radio 4 asserting that the quality of window displays does not influence sales, however I think the opposite, some shops invite you in and cast their spell on you.

Sorry About The Reflection

I also liked these 'flash cards', found inside the Nest at No. 9, (http://www.thenest-atno9.com/).

V Is For Vintage

Whenever I am in Olney I always call into the Olney Deli which you can find on the Market Square. The proprietors always display our posters and we are very grateful as it is such a busy place. They sell some lovely handmade foods to take away  as well as providing lunches, teas and cakes.

Apple Pie & Jersey Cream

I will be returning to Olney as the date of the fair gets closer, it is a lovely place to visit and I always need very little encouragement to make the short journey down the Bedford Road from Northampton. I left Olney via the road for Milton Keynes and stopped off in Stony Stratford for more 'postering'.

G dad's Collectibles In Old Wolverton

I arrived in G dad's in Old Wolverton (www.gdadscollectables.co.uk/) just before 5pm, thinking my luck was out again as the last time I visited it was a Tuesday, the day they close. I was made to feel welcome and the owners found time to offer me tea, I spotted this collection in one of the cabinets.

Vintage Bottle Stops

I headed back to Northampton looking forward to returning. I will be posting again soon with news about the Olney Fair, The Vintage Festival at Boughton House and other 'vintage' events in the forthcoming months.

Comments

Annie said…
Love the ducks x

Popular Posts