A Busy Day in Southern Leicestershire

From A Bygone Era - Everyone Who Visits The Fair Will Walk Directly Under This Sign!

This lovely old sign hangs outside the Three Swans Hotel on the High Street in Market Harborough, which will be home to the 2nd Market Harborough Vintage Fair. The first fair back in August was a really enjoyable day and we are feeling very positive about our second event. When I visited yesterday the town was bustling and it was great to see posters for our fair in various windows.  
Through The Arch And Across The Pretty Courtyard To The Fair

I met with Phil, the member of staff responsible for event bookings, to complete the final arrangements for next Saturday. I do not think I could imagine a more professional, efficient and welcoming venue, the attention to detail on their part is intuitive.
Thank You To GorGeous - A Fantastic Independent Shoe Shop In Harborough

As well as visiting the venue I drank lots of cups of tea as I dropped off flyers in various cafes and independent shops in Harborough. After a while I headed out to the villages to the north of Market Harborough and was happy as I remembered all the places for flyers which we found back in the summer, plus I found some new spots.
Joules Yard - A Wonderful Place To Eat, Drink, Listen To Music & Shop
I did stay too long at a lovely place called the Well in Kibworth Beauchamp. Over several more cups of tea I fell into discussion with two trustees of the charity who operate this welcoming community resource, they are about to enter their sixth year as a Christian outreach charity. An hour passed, and with a commitment to return (to assist as far as I can in the development of their 'volunteers policy', this being an area I was involved with in my previous working life), I returned to Harborough via Great Bowden.
Weltons - On The Green in Great Bowden

I left Weltons with a bag containing two fruit scones, only one made it back to Northampton. Back in Harborough I dropped off the remaining flyers in Aldwincles Tea Shop and headed home in the dwindling light and fog that was starting to form. 
Emmerson and Wests Deli & Tea Shop - 7 Northampton Road Market Harborough
With only seven days to go it will not be long before the Fair hits town, see you all on the 19th.

Comments

Pennyblossoms said…
There is mucho excitement in the Pennyblossoms household!
Z xx

Popular Posts